Donate to Heather!

Donate
Your gift could provide a one month supply of Tamoxifen, a drug used to treat breast cancers that rely on estrogen for growth, to a patient in need. Every 60 seconds, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer. Your gift will help save lives! Your gift could provide a screening mammogram to an uninsured or underinsured person in need. Your gift could provide a breast prosthesis for an uninsured or underinsured woman in need. Your gift will help us reach our bold goal to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50% in the U.S. within the next decade!
Fundraise today to help reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50%
in the U.S. by 2026

My Goal
$250

Amount Raised
$513.40

I'm a...

Race for the Cure Alumni

Team Captain

My Badges

Heather's Inspiration

Several years ago, my dear friend, Sheri, was diagnosed with breast cancer.  She and I had sons the exact same age and who were the best of friends.  With her diagnosis, breast cancer became real to me and I recognized that breast cancer affects each of us.  Beginning with the "inaugural" race five years ago, we began walking in the Susan G. Komen local race under the name Team Sheri.

Sheri was forever brave and determined.  She came to work every day and never lost her amazing sense of humor or wit.  Unfortunately, she didn't win this fight.  Sheri passed away October 19, 2012, and I miss her every day.

Last year, she wanted our team name to be something "different" than Team Sheri--it wasn't just about her anymore.  So, this year, we are the Flip Flop Warriors, in her honor.  Sheri loved the beach, loved Jimmy Buffett, and loved flip flops!!  

Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today in support of my fundraising efforts.  I want this to truly be a world without breast cancer!!!

You can donate online with your credit card by clicking the button above my fundraising thermometer.  75 percent of the money raised through the Race stays in the community to fund local breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25 percent supports groundbreaking breast cancer research. 

Together, we are fueling the best science, boldest community and biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer. And we will not stop until this disease is gone forever. That’s our promise. Will you please join me in this fight by making a donation today?

Donate to Heather!

Add your name to the list!

Your gift could provide a one month supply of Tamoxifen, a drug used to treat breast cancers that rely on estrogen for growth, to a patient in need. Every 60 seconds, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer. Your gift will help save lives! Your gift could provide a screening mammogram to an uninsured or underinsured person in need. Your gift could provide a breast prosthesis for an uninsured or underinsured woman in need. Your gift will help us reach our bold goal to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50% in the U.S. within the next decade!
Donate
Heather's Donors Are More Than Pink™!
Fundraising Honor Roll
Anonymous Anonymous
$195
Ms. Cheryl Suits
$156
Brenda Jones
$100
Jacqueline Rearick
$62