Race for the Cure® fundraisers help support national research programs as well as provide screenings, education and treatments to thousands of women and men who cannot afford breast health care.
Join the movement! Turn your support into action by committing to a personal fundraising goal today.
How to Fundraise
Fundraising is easy with online fundraising tools and social media! When you registered for the Race, you automatically received your own fundraising website, which can be personalized. Your website is your starting point for spreading the word and maximizing your fundraising impact.
Get started now:
- Visit your Fundraising Center.
- Customize your page and share your link.
- Encourage everyone you know to visit your site, learn more about your commitment to the fight against breast cancer and make a donation on your behalf.
- Use the email templates provided in the Fundraising Center to easily send emails to your friends and families.
- Through the Fundraising Center, use Facebook to connect with friends and spread the word about your fundraising efforts.
- Download the FREE Susan G. Komen® mobile app to help amplify your fundraising efforts. Log in with your Race username and password to easily send emails, text messages, Tweets and Facebook updates! Click here for more information or search SGK Fundraise in your app store.
Fundraise on your personal Facebook page to raise money from friends more easily! Create your own fundraising page in Facebook where you can post updates, invite friends, build momentum and reach your goal faster.
To make the most of your efforts, consider these tips from other successful Race for the Cure® fundraisers:
- Set a personal goal today. (We suggest $100, the cost of 1 lifesaving mammogram.)
- Make the first gift yourself to show your commitment!
- Utilize your Fundraising Center. Take advantage of our online tools to ask friends and family to make a donation to support you.
- Tell your story. Share your passion for the breast cancer movement with family, friends, coworkers and everyone in between.
- Spread the word on social media. Don’t underestimate the power of Facebook and Twitter.
- Find out whether your company has a matching gift program. If so, partner with your workplace with a matching gift.
- Send a personalized letter reusing your holiday card mailing list.
- Download a list of 101 Fundraising Ideas.
At Komen San Antonio we want you to know that your fundraising efforts do not go unnoticed. We are so grateful for the time and effort you put into ending this terrible disease, that we want to reward you! Click here to view a list of some of our Fundraising Awards. For more information visit our Rewards page.
Collecting Cash or Check Donations?
If you plan on collecting donations by cash or check, you can drop them off at our office located at: 85 NE Loop 410 Suite 407, San Antonio, TX 78216 or send them by mail to: P.O. Box 6678, San antonio, TX 78209.
The fundraising deadline is Tuesday, June 5, 2018. However, if you would like to be considered a Top Fundraising Individual or Team, all funds must be turned in by Friday, April 20, 2018 at noon.
Note: Be sure to include your full name and complete contact information when dropping off or mailng in donations. Also, please be sure to include whether the donation should be made on behalf of an individual or team. Lastly, on the form, please list the full names and addresses of people who make donations on your behalf so that we may send them their tax-deductible receipt.
For any other questions, please contact us at 210.222.9009 or email@example.com.